There aren’t too many publicly known investors in Nigeria. Within the tech industry, many citizens know of the Konga, OLX and Jumia investors; from Kinnevik to Naspers to Rocket Internet to Mark Zuckerberg. We have also seen investments in the non-profit segment from the Tony Blair Institute to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Many of the afore mentioned investments are yet to materialize profitably. Below is a list of the top 5 International Private Investors In Nigeria, mostly investing in companies, outside the digital technology market, that stimulate the growing economy:
- The Chagoury Group – Owned by Brothers Ronald Chagoury and Gilbert Chagoury. Majority share owners of the popular Eko Hotel Lagos.
- WEMPCO Group – Owned by brothers Lewis Tung and Robert Tung. Majority share owners of the popular Oriental Hotel Lagos.
- Tolaram Group – Owned by Haresh Aswani. Owners of the popular Indomie Noodles. Also owners of the popular tech-based platform, Vconnect.com.
- Jagal Limited – Owned by Anwar Jarmakani. Investors in Oil & Gas and Real Estate.
- Churchgate Group – Owned by Indian-Nigerian Father Bhagwani Mathani and son, Vinay Mathani. Notable investors in the real estate market including the Abuja World Trade Center. Investors in Stanbic IBTC Bank. Churchgate group owns the popular Tetmosol skincare brand. The are also in agreement with Grand Hyatt International to develop the first Grand Hyatt Hotel in Lagos, Nigeria.
The likes of Aliko Dangote, Femi Otedola, Bola Tinubu and Michael Adenuga probably have notable investments outside of their immediate businesses but the above 5 are the most notable International private investors in Nigeria.
Olatorera Consultancy Limited provides business development services to high net-worth individuals and companies looking to grow, enter or do business in Africa.
If success is what you really want, you must read Olatorera Oniru’s Book “Ayamahi: The World Needs Africa”, The Ambitious Leadership Story of Success by an African, within Africa, is highly inspirational and educational. The book is certainly one of Africa’s Best and a must-read by all.