- First black and democratically elected President of the country.
2. He taught the world what activism really is: with no fear in his heart, Mandela stood up to those who sought to oppress others.
3. He was willing to give up his own life for the principals of democracy.
4. Coming out of 27 years of incarceration stronger and more determined to right the wrongs he witnessed, Mandela showed nearly super-human emotional strength, inspiring all those who suffer from adversity.
5. He effectively ended apartheid , through his relentless passion to end racial segregation in South Africa, paving a way for true equality in his homeland.
6. Nobel Peace Prize 1993 – peaceful termination of apartheid.
7. The Springboks Rugby World Cup final (1995) – Supporting a white team and urging blacks to support rugby.
8. Nelson Mandela children’s foundation- largest foundation in the world.
9. The establishment of the truth and reconciliation commission.
10. He was regarded as an enemy of the state during the old apartheid regime.