The farming business is one of the most lucrative businesses in Nigeria. It has great potential to create job opportunities for both employers and employee and generating sufficient income. This is because of the huge land mass and a favourable weather conditions in the country that make farming easier to do. Many foreign investors who have invested in farming, as well as citizens in Nigeria have generated a considerable amount of wealth from the business. In the old days, the income from agriculture was so massive that Nigeria became a major exporter of agricultural products across the globe. Farming also plays a major role in exportation business in the country, as farm produce in Nigeria are usually exported by foreigners which do not possess them in their countries. It has been a great source of revenue generation in Nigeria and should continue to be harnessed. Here are 5 most profitable farming businesses in Nigeria that can be a great source of income:
- Rice Farming: It is the most popular staple food among Nigerians, eaten by both rich and poor on a daily basis. With the right knowledge and expertise, one can invest in large-scale Rice Farming in Nigeria and attain a production capacity similar to some multinational companies in Africa.
- Cassava Farming: A few years back, Nigeria was a major exporter of cassava to other African countries. Cassava is also known for its use in the production of flour (cassava flour) which can be used to bake bread and other flour products. It can grow on almost any soil type and anywhere in Nigeria.
- Plantain Plantation: Just like Rice and Garri, plantain is widely consumed in Africa and used for various food recipes including plantain chips, roasted plantain, plantain flour, and other local dishes. Plantain is highly priced in Nigeria and is always in high demand all year round such that plantain farming in Nigeria is an avenue for wealth. It is one of the farming produce that the most hidden profitable benefits.
- Pineapple Farming: Pineapple farming is a big deal globally. Not only is growing pineapples very easy, buts also growing pineapple plants is possible anywhere in the world. This is because the pineapple plant is one of the few tropical fruits that are really well suited to growing in pots, and that means it can also grow indoors.
- Beans Farming; Beans is also one of the most commonly eaten farm produce in Nigeria, Africa and globally. Beans are also used in making some common dishes in Nigeria such as moi-moi , akara and some other more traditional dishes. Beans farming is more common in the Northern part of the country which is said to have good rich soil for beans. However, there is no region in Nigeria where you cannot grow beans.
Olatorera Consultancy Limited provides business development services to high net-worth individuals and companies looking to grow, enter or do business in Africa.