Following the dethronement of Sanusi Lamido Sanusi II as the Emir of Kano, the traditional ruler was replaced without further ado. Hours After the state government installed his successor, Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero.
Here are 5 things you should know about the new Emir of Kano:
- Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero was born in 1961, to the late former Emir of Kano, Alhaji Dr. Ado Abdullahi Bayero.
- He attended Kofar Kudu Primary School in Kano Municipal.Thereafter, he attended Birnin Kudu Secondary School in present day Jigawa State. Interestingly, he studied Mass Communication at Bayero University in Kano.
- Bayero did his National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) at the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) Makurdi in Benue.
- He also studied at Aviation School, Oakland in California, USA.
- He was the immediate former Emir of Bichi, one of the controversial new emirates created by Ganduje.