Leonard Stanley Nnamdi Ekeh AKA Leo Stan Ekeh is a Nigerian entrepreneur, and philanthropist. He is the founder and chairman of Zinox Technologies Limited. Also, he is the chairman of Konga.com. See also: 3 Most Successful Entrepreneurs In Nigeria In 2020 Ekeh was born on 22 February, 1956 in Ubomiri Mbaitoli LGA, Imo State, Nigeria to a middle class family. His father was a nurse, and his mother, a dietitian.
His Entrepreneurship Journey
As an entrepreneur, Leo Stan Ekeh is known to have spearheaded the creation of the following companies: Technology Distribution Limited, Task Systems Limited, Zinox Technologies, Buyright Africa Dotcom Limited, Task Direct Limited, ITEC Solutions. Task Systems was his first start up, It is the first company in Nigeria to venture into desktop publishing and computer graphics.
- He launched the Computerize Nigeria Project to encourage and sensitize development in the use of computers by Nigerians on August 5, 2000.
- In 2016, his charity organisation, Leo Stan Ekeh Foundation pledged N1.5 billion to support YUBOSS, an entrepreneurship and wealth creation scheme.
- Also, in 2017, through his foundation, he disbursed N50 million as a humanitarian fund to victims injured during the the demolition of Okeukwu Owere Market in Owerri, Imo State.
- He also launched the CANi Scheme. A scheme that provided laptops to Nigerians at a reduced price, with a repayment plan within the period of 24 months.
Sometimes excitement can derail you and excitements are short lived. I think the most important thing is realizing that you could be the most intelligent person in the world.
Nigeria has a huge stock of smart people who can change and sustain the development story of this country. What they require is an enabling environment, which is not too expensive for the government to provide.
You must anticipate the future. It is not static, otherwise you don’t have a reason to grow.
If you are an entrepreneur, then you have a right to make mega wealth.
- ICT Personality, IT & Telecom Digest, 2002
- Corporate citizen of the year, Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria 2002/2003
- Fellow of the Nigerian Computer Society, FNCS
- Nigerian Science & Technology Achiever of the Year, 2003
- Doctor of Business Administration (Honoraris Causa), Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- Director, Nigeria Institute of International Affairs.