Nigerian citizens, especially in middle to lower class neighborhoods, have cried of police security shortages. Kidnappers, armed robbers and evil doers frequently trail these neighborhoods and get away with horrific illegal acts. Nigeria has over 380,000 policemen trained to protect the nation from crimes. Out of this number, a significant percentage of policemen are assigned as personal orderlies to government officials. In countries like Rwanda, policemen are stationed on almost every street to protect the general population. Crime is significantly minimized in Rwanda and as of 2018, Rwanda is considered one of the safest countries in Africa. Let’s take a look at the list of personal police entitlements of Nigerian government officials.
Nigerian Government Officials Entitled To Police Orderlies:
- The President – Over 250 policemen assigned
- The Vice President – Over 200 policemen assigned
- State Governors – Over 200 policemen assigned to each
- Senate President – Over 60 policemen assigned
- Deputy Senate President – Over 60 policemen assigned (Ike Ekweremadu has over 85 policemen assigned)
- National Ministers – Over 5 assigned to each
- Other Senators – Over 2 assigned to each
- Speaker of the House of Representatives – Over 30 policemen assigned
- House of Representatives – Over 2 assigned to each
- Local Government Chairmen – at least 1 assigned to each
- State commissioners – at least 1 assigned to each
- The Judiciary – Over 3 assigned to each Chief Justice and 1 assigned to every judge
- Heads of Federal and State Agencies – At least 1 policeman assigned
- Political leaders and former government officials – at least 20 assigned to each (I.e. Olusegun Obasanjo, Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Ibrahim Babangida)
Push Your Dreams Confidently!
Want to push your dreams in today’s technology-driven, constantly-changing world? You must read Olatorera Oniru’s bestselling digital e-book titled Push Your Dreams available now on Olatorera.com and on Amazon.com.
The Olatorera Consultancy brand has grown from an ambitious solo-preneur to a team of over 50 people highly assertive on providing the seal and stamp of “Africa’s Best” to great businesses in Africa and beyond. Olatorera Consultancy has an annual outline of businesses we work with. We currently do not accept unsolicited applications. To network with the team at Olatorera Consultancy Limited, please add your company to the reviews page here. An Olatorera Consultancy company representative may be in touch with you shortly after reviewing your company’s readiness for business consultation services.