It was extremely disheartening and unbelievable that murderer derek chauvin was not immediately arrested for murdering George Floyd. A clear daylight murder, caught on tape, lasting several minutes and causing a storm of outrage across America and the world. Such a barbaric incident calls for every human being with a voice to speak out and for every human being, voiceless or not, to never tolerate injustice. Influencers must not only verbally demand justice, they must work to ensure justice.
Top 10 Influencers Speaking Up Against Racism and The Unfortunate Death of George Floyd:
- Colin Kaepernick “When civility leads to death, revolting is the only logical reaction. The cries for peace will rain down, and when they do, they will land on deaf ears because your violence has brought this resistance. We have the right to fight back! Rest in power George Floyd.”
- Ava Duvernay “You deserved your breath, your dignity, your life. Not to die in the street, murdered by a white cop’s knee on your neck. You deserve our tears, our prayers, our rage, our action. We must act – for you – and for all of those [where] no cameras are present. We must.”
- Cardi B “Enough is Enough! What will it take? A CIVIL WAR? … Seeing people looting and growing extremely outraged, it makes me like, yes, finally, finally motherfuc*ers are going to hear us now.”
- John Boyega “This just burns. Seems to be a never ending cycle. The murderers need to be charged severely. Even in the face of death this man was given zero empathy.”
- Taylor Swift “After stoking the fires of white supremacy and racism your entire presidency, you have the nerve to feign moral superiority before threatening violence? ‘When the looting starts the shooting starts’??? “We will vote you out in November.“
- Don Lemon “I kept saying, as I’m watching this, ‘is this some sort of a joke?’ How much more video do they need? … People are sick of it!”
- Justin Beiber “THIS MUST STOP. This makes me absolutely sick. This makes me angry this man DIED. This makes me sad. Racism is evil We need to use our voice! Please people. I’m sorry GEORGE FLOYD.
- Dorothy Tucker “It is unfathomable and upsetting to witness this structural racism in real time. We are closely monitoring this situation.”
- Chance The Rapper “Swift dramatic change only comes via revolution.”
- Barack Obama “This shouldn’t be ‘normal’ in 2020 America. It can’t be normal.”
Push Your Dreams
“Push Your Dreams” is an Electronic Non-Fiction Book of inspiring and powerful educational extracts authored by Olatorera Oniru. “Push Your Dreams” has 365 pages filled with powerful sparks to help you grow fast into an influential master of business and life. Available now on Olatorera.com and on Amazon.com.
About Olatorera Consultancy (OC):
Olatorera Consultancy is a modernistic venture combining deeply-rooted knowledge on Africa’s culture and challenges plus close relationships with topmost leaders to promote development. We provide consultancy, business development and advisory services to notable companies and high net-worth individuals.