With a population of over 260 million people in Nigeria, it is remarkable how some rich families in Nigeria still managed to stand out and amidst a host of other like them in the country. While there are different types of families in Nigeria, it is common to see Nigerians distinguishing family based on their wealth status and level of popularity.
Family businesses imply values of authenticity, tradition, heritage, lineage, and quality. And wealthy families suggest royalty, especially if the wealth is intergenerational.
Here is a list of top 10 richest family in Nigeria and their wealth source (s)
- Dantata (Dangote) Family – Cement, Sugar, Fertilizers and others.
- Adenuga Family – Telecoms, Oil and gas.
- Otedola Family – Power, oil and other businesses.
- Adeleke Family – Power, banking, transport, real estate and oil.
- Abiola Family – Transport, banking, publishing, education, finance and Oil.
- Igbenedion Family – Business and politics.
- Saraki Family – Business and politics.
- Tinubu Family – Business and politics.
- Okoya -Thomas Family – Automative related businesses.
- Folawiyo Family – Real estate, agriculture, energy and shipping.