Women over 50 are unstoppable and the “Impact List” by Know Your Value and Forbes proves it.
The list highlights women over the age of 50 who are changing their communities and the world in ways big and small through social entrepreneurship, law, advocacy and education.
According to Know Your Value founder, Mika Brzezinski, “The dynamic of our society has changed and there’s a shifting attitude toward this age group. These women are not only accepted in their positions, they’re respected and effective in what they do.”
Below is the list of 20 women impacting their communities and the world:
- Valerie Biden Owen’s, 75 – Vice Chair, Biden Institute.
- Georgette Bennett, 74 – Founder, Multifaith Alliance for Syrian Refugees (MFA).
- Melissa Berton, 54 – Founder and Executive Director, The Pad Project.
- Taina Bien-Aimé, 63 – Executive Director, Coalition Against Trafficking in Women.
- Jenny Bowen, 76 – Founder and CEO Emerita, OneSky for all children.
- Debi Brooks, 62 – Cofounder and CEO, The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research.
- A’Lelia Bundles, 69 – Author and Founder, Madam Walker Family Archives.
- Hali Lee, 54 – Founder, Asian Woman Giving Circle.
- Erika Cashion, 51 – Lieutenant Colonel, USAF, USN, Lean In Military, Lean In Women Veterans.
- Stacey Childress, 56 – CEO, NewSchools Venture Fund.
- Heather Cox Richardson, 58 – Professor of History, Boston College.
- Kate Curran, 57 – Founder and CEO, School the World.
- Val Deming, 64 – Congresswoman, Florida’s 10th district.
- Sylvia Earle, 85 – Founder, Mission Blue
- Susi Feltch-Malohifo’ou, 57 – CEO & Director, Pacific Island Knowledge 2 Action Resources (PIK2AR).
- Yasmeen Hassan, 52 – Global Executive Director, Equality Now.
- Carla Hayden, 69 – Librarian, Library of Congress.
- Heather Hiles, 52 – Founder and CEO, Imminent Equity.
- Carol Jenkins, 76 – President and CEO, ERA Coalition/Fund For Women’s Equality.
- Jo Ann Jenkins, 63 – CEO, AARP.
Push Your Dreams!
Want to push your dreams in today’s technology-driven, constantly-changing world? You must read Olatorera Oniru’s bestselling digital e-book titled Push Your Dreams available now on Olatorera.com and on Amazon.com.
The Olatorera Consultancy brand has grown from an ambitious solo-preneur to a team of highly assertive “Africanists” focused on providing the seal and stamp of “Africa’s Best” to great businesses in Africa and beyond.