In November 2018, Olatorera Consultancy published a list of Top 10 Nigerian Businesses Undergoing Financial Troubles. Diamond Bank was on the list. The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) discovered significant financial mishaps while auditing Diamond Bank’s operations. 4 notable directors of Diamond Bank quit amidst the turmoil. The directors that quit were the Chairman of the board Seyi Bickersteth, CEO of Murtala Muhammed Foundation Aisha Oyebode, Partner at APIS Partners Rotimi Oyekanmi and CEO of Jumia Nigeria Juliet Anammah. There were speculations that Access Bank would buy out Diamond Bank but this was publicly denied.
The following are the top 3 decisions mandated by CBN to ensure Diamond Bank remains a viable commercial bank:
- Convert Diamond Bank’s International Banking Licence to a National Banking License.
- Diamond Bank must liquidate all international assets including Diamond Bank UK
- Diamond Bank must fully pay off an Eurobond Loan of $200 million by May 2019.
PUSH YOUR DREAMS – GROW AFRICA!
Want to push your dreams in today’s technology-driven, constantly-changing world? You must read Olatorera Oniru’s bestselling digital e-book titled Push Your Dreams available now on Olatorera.com and on Amazon.com.
The Olatorera Consultancy brand has grown from an ambitious solo-preneur to a team of over 50 people highly assertive on providing the seal and stamp of “Africa’s Best” to great businesses in Africa and beyond. Chief Executive Consultant, Olatorera Oniru is very passionate about seeing businesses succeed and operate optimally. She is also notably passionate about witnessing Africa transformed into one of the world’s greatest continents. Olatorera Consultancy has an annual outline of businesses we work with. We currently do not accept unsolicited applications. To network with the team at Olatorera Consultancy Limited, please add your company to the reviews page here. An Olatorera Consultancy company representative may be in touch with you shortly after reviewing your company’s readiness for business consultation services.
Some of the services we provide to our clients:
- Doing Business In Africa: Data Analytics, Market Insights, Launch Plan & Strategy Development
- Service Level Critique and Secret-Customer Detective Services
- Customer Service, Quality & Operational Excellence Assurance
- Seal of Africa’s Best and Nomination for Annual List of “Africa’s Best 100 Companies” and “Africa’s Best 100 Leaders”.