Gochas is a village in Namibia that became a settlement town for the Kharakhoens, a sub-tribe of the Nama people. The residents of Gochas are planning a major protest against the Gochas Village Council. Gochas village has developed very minimally since the 1900s and suffers from high poverty and unemployment. The residents want the leadership of Gochas village changed urgently due to allegations of massive corruption in the village. Corruption in Africa is not limited to positions with significant wealth. Corruption in Africa creeps in every corner with bad leadership, including small poverty-stricken villages. The following are the top 5 allegations that have led to the 2018 Gochas Protest:
- Gochas council’s Chief Executive Officer, Willem Beukes, is absolutely “incompetent” and “100% unproductive”
- Lack of transparency into financial activities of the council.
- Excessive Nepotism
- Poor Infrastructure: Water supply, sewer management and general sanitation lacking
- Excessive bills, taxes and services charges in an area fraught with high unemployment and poverty.
PUSH YOUR DREAMS – CHANGE THE WORLD!
Want to push your dreams in today’s technology-driven, constantly-changing world? You must read Olatorera Oniru’s bestselling digital e-book titled Push Your Dreams available now on Olatorera.com and on Amazon.com.
The Olatorera Consultancy brand has grown from an ambitious solo-preneur to a team of over 50 people highly assertive on providing the seal and stamp of “Africa’s Best” to great businesses in Africa and beyond. Chief Executive Consultant, Olatorera Oniru is very passionate about seeing businesses succeed and operate optimally. She is also notably passionate about witnessing Africa transformed into one of the world’s greatest continents. Olatorera Consultancy has an annual outline of businesses we work with. We currently do not accept unsolicited applications. To network with the team at Olatorera Consultancy Limited, please add your company to the reviews page here. An Olatorera Consultancy company representative may be in touch with you shortly after reviewing your company’s readiness for business consultation services.
Some of the services we provide to our clients:
- Doing Business In Africa: Data Analytics, Market Insights, Launch Plan & Strategy Development
- Service Level Critique and Secret-Customer Detective Services
- Customer Service, Quality & Operational Excellence Assurance
- Seal of Africa’s Best and Nomination for Annual List of “Africa’s Best 100 Companies” and “Africa’s Best 100 Leaders”.