South Africa is one of the fastest growing countries within Africa, with various multinational companies which have emerged from the country in different sectors. However, the focus of this article is on the FMCG sector has today. Below is a list of leading companies which make up the top 5 FMCG producing companies in South Africa today:
- Unilever South Africa Ltd was established over 100 years ago and has a product range that includes foods, homecare, and personal care brands such as Sunlight, Omo, Handy Andy, Robertsons, Knorr, Shield, Magnum, and many others. It is the market leader in 14 of the 17 categories in which it operates in South Africa. For the seventh consecutive year, 9 of its home care, personal care, and foods products won the Product of the Year Awards in 2015, and it has also been ranked as the number 1 employer in South Africa.
- Nestlé South Africa Ltd is a part of the world’s largest food and beverage company Nestlé Global, which has been present in the country for over 100 years since 1916 and has acquired several other companies since its established.
- Peninsula Beverage Company is an independent bottling company that holds the rights to manufacture and distribute the products of The Coca-Cola Company within the Western and Northern Cape. Coca-Cola Peninsula Beverages officially began operating in 1940 and is based in Parow Industria, with several factories and depots scattered across the country.
- Clover Industries Limited is a branded foods and beverages group that produces and distributes both for itself and other FMCG companies, a diverse range of dairy and consumer products to customers and consumers through one of the largest and most extensive distribution networks in South Africa. It has the second largest chilled distribution network in the country and is listed on the main board of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange as of December 2010.
- Tiger Brands Limited is a leading South African packaged goods company founded in 1921 by Jacob Frankel. The company also has direct and indirect interests in international food businesses in Chile, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Nigeria, Kenya, and Cameroon, and is South Africa’s largest food company.
The Olatorera Consultancy brand has grown from an ambitious solo-preneur to a team of over 15 people highly assertive on providing the seal and stamp of “Africa’s Best” to great businesses in Nigeria and beyond. Chief Executive Consultant, Olatorera Oniru is very passionate about seeing businesses succeed and operate optimally. She is also notably passionate about witnessing Africa transformed into one of the world’s greatest continents. Olatorera Consultancy has an annual outline of businesses we work with. We currently do not accept unsolicited applications. To network with the team at Olatorera Consultancy Limited, please add your company to the reviews page here. An Olatorera Consultancy company representative may be in touch with you shortly after reviewing your company’s readiness for business consultation services.