Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela was one of South Africa’s most popular, revolutionary, political leader. Nelson Mandela was an anti-apartheid philanthropist who served as President of South Africa from 1994 to 1999. He was the country’s first black head of state and the first to be elected through a fully representative democratic process. Nelson Mandela’s government focused on dismantling the legacy of apartheid by tackling racism that had become a part of South Africa’s everyday life. During his years as a leader and up until his death, Mandela fought to foster racial reconciliation among his fellow citizens. Here are top five quotes by one of Africa’s most revered past presidents, Nelson Mandela:
- “In judging our progress as individuals, we tend to concentrate on external factors such as one’s social position, influence and popularity, wealth and standard of education …but internal factors may be even more crucial in assessing one’s development as a human being: honesty, sincerity, simplicity, humility, purity, generosity, absence of vanity, readiness to serve your fellow men- qualities within the reach of the soul”
- “It always seems impossible until it is DONE“
- “It’s not where you start but how high you aim that matters for success”
- “Education is the most powerful weapon, which you can use to change the world”
- “After climbing a great hill, one finds that there are many more hills to climb“
Olatorera Consultancy Limited provides business development services to high net-worth individuals and companies looking to grow, enter or do business in Africa.
If success is what you really want, you must read Olatorera Oniru’s Book “Ayamahi: The World Needs Africa”, The Ambitious Leadership Story of Success by an African, within Africa, is highly inspirational and educational. The book is certainly one of Africa’s Best and a must-read by all.