Thomas Noel Sankara was a Burkinabe revolutionary and President of Burkina Faso from 1983 to 1987. Thomas Sankara transformed Burkina Faso into a truly liberated, independent, food secure, healthy, productive and thriving African socialist state in four years. The imperialist conspired to kill him but he left us an example worth emulating. Here are some notable quotes from Thomas Sankara.
Top 6 Quotes From ‘Legend’ Thomas Sankara Former President Of Burkina Faso
- “Imperialism is a system of exploitation that occurs not only in the brutal form of those who come with guns to conquer territory. Imperialism often occurs in more subtle forms, a loan, food aid, blackmail. We are fighting this system that allows a handful of men on Earth to rule all of humanity.”
- “Our revolution is not a public-speaking tournament. Our revolution is not a battle of fine phrases. Our revolution is not simply for spouting slogans that are no more than signals used by manipulators trying to use them as catchwords, as codewords, as a foil for their own display. Our revolution is, and should continue to be, the collective effort of revolutionaries to transform reality, to improve the concrete situation of the masses of our country.”
- “I can hear the roar of women’s silence”
- “You cannot carry out fundamental change without a certain amount of madness”
- “We must dare to invent the future”
- “I want people to remember me as someone whose life has been helpful to humanity”
Push Your Dreams Confidently!
The Olatorera Consultancy brand has grown from an ambitious solo-preneur to a team of highly assertive “Africanists” focused on providing the seal and stamp of “Africa’s Best” to great businesses in Africa and beyond. Olatorera Consultancy has an annual outline of businesses we work with. We currently do not accept unsolicited applications. To network with the team at Olatorera Consultancy Limited, please add your company to the reviews page here. An Olatorera Consultancy company representative may be in touch with you shortly after reviewing your company’s readiness for business consultation services.