Amid a weakened global economy and fluctuating oil prices, the oil and gas industry continues to wield incredible influence in international economics and politics – especially in consideration of employment levels in the sector. The world is still dependent on oil and gas as global economies and infrastructure continue to rely heavily on petroleum-based products. There are over 200 oil and gas companies in the world. Recently, big-league conglomerates have been experiencing stiff competition from the growing number of National Oil Companies – state-owned entities that are increasingly seizing sole rights to major oil reserves. Thus begging the questions: Who are the key players in the oil sector industry and what companies can have the biggest effect on international markets? Who are the people that run these mega-corporations?
- Saudi Aramco: situated at Dhahran and run by Saudi Oil minister, Abdulaziz bin Salman.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation (Sinopec Group): Headquartered at Beijing and run by Chairman, Fu Chengyu
- Royal Dutch Shell: Situated at The Hague, the Netherlands, and run by Chief Executive Officer, Ben van Beurden.
- China National Petroleum Corp (CNPC): located in Beijing, run by Chairman Dai Houliang.
- BP: Headquartered in London and run by CEO, Bernard Looney.
- Exxon Mobil: Headquartered in Texas and run by CEO, Darren Woods.
- Total SA: Headquartered in Paris and run by CEO, Patrick Pouyanne.
- Chevron Corporation: Headquartered in California and run by CEO, Michael Wirth
- Lukoil: Headquartered in Moscow and run by the founder, Vagit Alekperov
- ONGC: Headquartered in Delhi and run by CEO, Shashi Shanker.
Push Your Dreams
“Push Your Dreams” is an Electronic Non-Fiction Book of inspiring and powerful educational extracts authored by Olatorera Oniru. “Push Your Dreams” has 365 pages filled with powerful sparks to help you grow fast into an influential master of business and life. Available now on Olatorera.com and on Amazon.com.
About Olatorera Consultancy (OC):
Olatorera Consultancy is a modernistic venture combining deeply-rooted knowledge on Africa’s culture and challenges plus close relationships with topmost leaders to promote development. We provide consultancy, business development and advisory services to notable companies and high net-worth individuals.