Three top tennis players will miss the U.S Open due to injuries but remain at the upper rank of tennis highest paid players, who make more than the prize money of $2.5 million with their paydays from endorsements.
Top 10 Highest Paid Tennis Players
- Roger Federer, $90.6 million.
- Naomi Osaka– $60.1 million.
- Serena Williams– $41.8 million.
- Novak Djoklovic– $38 million.
- Rafael Nadal– $27 million.
- Kei Nishikori– $26 million.
- Daniel Medvedev– $13.9 million.
- Dominic Thiem– $8.9 million.
- Stefano Tsitsipas– $8.1 million.
- Ashleigh Barty– $5.8 million.
Collectively, the ten players made $320 million over the last year, down by 6% from last year’s total of $340 million due to the pandemic which hindered opportunities for players to collect both prize money and appearance fees, which can run into millions for superstars willing to show up at exhibitions and low-profile tournaments.