Femi Akintunde is an Industrial Engineering Graduate with a Masters degree in Engineering Management and a graduate certificate in Management. An accomplished engineer and business management professional with strong entrepreneurial drive. Femi is a registered member of many professional organizations such as: COREN, Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE), Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM), Institute of Personnel Management (IPM), Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE), International Facility Management Association (IFMA), among others.
Femi has had a successful career which started from Nestle Foods Nigeria Plc in 1988-1993 as an Industrial Engineer, Shell 1993-2005. His 12 years at Shell saw him occupy senior and management positions in the following key areas: Human Resources, Major oil & Gas projects, Engineering Services, Facilities, and Assets Management. Following his tenure in Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) and Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCO), Femi served as Deputy General Manager, Corporate Services, United Bank for Africa (UBA), where he was responsible for delivering corporate services to the entire UBA Group of Companies in Nigeria and overseas, covering Banking, Insurance, Asset Management, Global Markets, and so on.
Awards And Recognition
1. 1992 National Runners Up- Young Manager of the Year, Nigerian Institute of Management
2. 2013 Nigeria Fast Growth 50- Prof Micheal Porter of Harvard Business School Allworld
3. 2013 Entrepreneur of the Year for West Africa
4. 2018 Company to Inspire Africa Award by the London Stock Exchange Group
5. 2018 Stock Exchange/ Businessday Newspaper Top 25 CEO Next Bull Award Winner
6. 2018 Recognized among 70 worthy Ambassadors at the 70th Year Anniversary of the Nigerian Premier University ( University of Ibadan founded in 1948)