Owen Diana Omogiafo is the new President and Group CEO of Transcorp Group, with her new appointment effective from March 25th, 2020. This milestone is comes after her appointment as the Executive Director of Transcorp Plc less than two years ago.
Mrs. Omogiafo is set to lead the management of Transnational Corporation of Nigeria Plc – a diversified conglomerate affiliated with Power, Hotels, Upstream oil and gas assets. Its subsidiaries include Transcorp Power, Transcorp Hilton, Heirs Holdings Limited, amongst others.
As one of Nigeria’s youngest CEOs worthy of note, we have put together a brief profile of the Edo born magnate:
- Currently occupying the role of Managing Director/CEO at Transcorp Hotels Plc, Omogiafo has over two decades of corporate experience in organisational development, human capital management, banking, change management, and hospitality.
- She holds a B.Sc. in Sociology & Anthropology from the University of Benin, M.Sc. in Human Resource Management from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
- She is an alumnus of the Lagos Business School and IESE Business School, Spain.
- She is also a member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, UK and a Certified Change Manager with the Prosci Institute, USA.
- She has many awards and been named as one of Africa’s top 100 Female CEOs.
- She was the Chief Operating Officer of the Tony Elumelu Foundation.
- Owen’s work experience includes Director of Human Resources, Chief of Staff, HR Advisor to the GMD/CEO at UBA and as an Organisation and Human Performance Consultant at Accenture.