In 2019, the country of Libya disastrously plunged downwards into yet another civil war; 8 years after chief ruler Gaddafi was murdered. During Late Gaddafi’s last years as president of Libya, the country thrived with many citizens enjoying great social benefits. Read: The Truth On Why Muammar Gaddafi Was Horrifically Murdered. Some of the social benefits for citizens included free education, free healthcare and free electricity. Where is Libya today?
2020 Summary Of Post-Gaddafi Libya:
- Over 60% of citizens now considered poor with a recorded 35% living below the poverty line as of 2017.
- The World Bank predicts that GDP growth would be negative at -0.06% in 2020 with no significant positive changes till 2022.
- Terrorism and religion extremism activities increased notably over the last decade.
- Oil wealth plunged significant despite Libya having the largest oil reserves in Africa.
- Transparency International considers Libya one of the world’s top 10 most corrupt countries.
- Citizens are facing untold hardships. Libya is war torn, insecure and unstable.
- At the 2020 Libya Peace Summit in Berlin, Angela Merkel of Germany pledged to support that “the people in Libya get their right to a peaceful life.”
- Ruling leaders of Russia and Turkey are also invested in Libya’s affairs with Vladimir Putin of Russia serving as a mediator (with hidden interests) in early 2020 between the two sides in Libya’s civil war.
Push Your Dreams 2020
“Push Your Dreams” is an Electronic Non-Fiction Book of inspiring and powerful educational extracts authored by Olatorera Oniru. “Push Your Dreams” has 365 pages filled with powerful sparks to help you grow fast into an influential master of business and life. Available now on Olatorera.com and on Amazon.com.
About Olatorera Consultancy (OC):
Olatorera Consultancy is a modernistic venture combining deeply-rooted knowledge on Africa’s culture and challenges plus close relationships with topmost leaders to promote development. We provide consultancy, business development and advisory services to notable companies and high net-worth individuals.