Till his death in 2015, Chief Antonio Oladeinde Fernandez was one of the living richest men in Africa. The oil mogul, also read: Oil Wealth Nigeria: Where Is Silent Billionaire Ben Peters Of AITEO group? businessman, who was born in Lagos, southwestern Nigeria into the Fernandez family that originated from Cuba, was noted for his buoyant display of the splendour of his wealth.
5 Facts To Know About Him
- The billionaire who had 6 private jets is very exceptional. When he enters a restaurant or boutique, everyone else in the restaurant/boutique must leave because he cannot eat/shop with ‘commoners’.
- Oluwo Antonio Oladeinde Fernandez, was one of the popular Fernandez family of Lagos. Originally, the Fernandezes were descendants of freed slaves from Brazil, where Portuguese is the official language. Some of the first modern-styled buildings in Lagos were built by the Fernandezes, and these buildings are known for their spectacular Brazilian architecture.
- He was a great combination of a diplomat. Although he is a Nigerian, the multi-lingual and exceptional business man was appointed the permanent representative of Central African Republic (CAR) at the United Nations in 1997.
- He is highly loved and respected by the Ogboni Confraternity and in Yorubaland. His family motto is: ‘Aguntan meji kii mumi ninu koto kan na’ which simply means ‘two rams cannot drink from the same container’ or ‘two captains cannot be on a ship’.
- There was a time Ovation magazine featured him in 40 pages.