Adenike Oyetunde was appointed as the New Senior Special Assistant to Governor Sanwo-Olu on Persons Living with Disabilities on the 7th of February 2021. This appointment came as a shock to everyone because there was never a position like this before.
You can also read How Lagos State is Revolutionising Housing with the Rent-to-Own Scheme
About Adenike Oyetunde Dasola
- She is a lawyer and an OAP.
- She was diagnosed with Osteogenic Sarcoma (cancer of the bone) at age 20 when she was in her second year in University. Her leg had to be cut off.
- She has written and published a book titled: “Adéniké, Her Story, Your Movie, His Glory”
- She has volunteered since 2014 with The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, a Non-Profit International Organization for promoting the well-being of Persons with Disabilities.
- She has served as Programme Manager, Ambassador, Volunteer and Fundraiser on the Irede Foundation’s Amputees United Initiative since 2018.
- She launched Amputees United for amputee-activism.
- January this year she began the gratitude jar challenge for people to tell their gratitude stories on social media for the 365 days of the year.