Ibrahim Mahama is the younger brother of the former President of Ghana, John Dramani Mahama and he is the owner of Engineers and Planners, the largest indigenous-owned mining company in West Africa. Born in Piase in the Northern Region of Ghana. He moved to the United Kingdom, where he studied at the College of North London. After college, he went on to live in London, where he worked for a property development company. Top 3 Best Restaurants In Accra Ghana For Tasty Traditional African Food
Mahama started his company Engineers & Planners in 1997 after his return from London. The Company now employs over 3000 Ghanaian employees. Ibrahim Mahama has a net worth of $860 million and he is regarded as one of the richest Ghanaians. Who Is Ghanaian Billionaire Joseph Agyapong Siaw Of Jospong Group Of Companies?
- Mahama has also invested in Asutsuare Poultry Farms, which was started in 2004 and produces 150,000 eggs and 10,000 live broilers a day.
- He uses a Bombardier 604 luxury private jet named Dzata and was the first individual to buy one in Ghana.
- He is an investor at Dzata Cement company, a fully Ghanaian-owned cement processing factory located in Tema.
- He is the younger brother of John Dramani Mahama, President of Ghana from 2012 to 2016.
- Mr. Mahama received the 2018 African Achievers’ Award in London, for African Industrialist of the year 2018 – during the 8th edition African Achievers awards.
- Mahama has been recognized in supporting the Northern and Zongo communities. Ghana has about 400 Zongo communities which have been described by many as deprived communities.
- He is currently in the process of building a 550-bed dormitory for his former high school.
- Following the loss of his mother to cancer, he has championed charity causes that create awareness on different types of cancer.
- He is a co-founder of the Joyce Tamakloe Cancer Foundation which has raised funds for several hospitals in Ghana as a contribution to the fight against cancer.