Africa is one to watch when it comes to citing the most leading and desired brands in the world today. So many brands which have been operating over the past 50 years and fast emerging brands too are spearheading the list of most admirable and demanded African made products. Here are some old and new best African brands you can’t miss:
- Dangote (Nigeria): Dangote Group is the largest industrial conglomerate in West Africa and one of the largest in Africa with annual earning averaging $2billion. Dangote operates in about 15 African nations which makes it one of the most visible and admired brands.
- MTN (South Africa): MTN has been instrumental to Africa’s connectivity and the region relies heavily on its mobile communication for payment, business, and healthcare, among other facilities provided by the company.
- Shoprite (South Africa): The Shoprite Group of Companies, is Africa’s largest food retailer. It operates 2,689 outlets in 15 countries across Africa and the Indian Ocean Islands.
- Dressmeoutlet (Nigeria): Dressmeoutlet.com is Africa’s No. 1 foremost etailer for high-quality fashion products, health & beauty products, and home-goods. With up to 10,000 products to shop from, they retail various sophisticated styles from premium designers globally with over 40% of their products manufactured within Africa.
- GLO/Globacom (Nigeria): Since it started operations on August 29, 2003, Globacom currently operates in four West African countries and has successfully employed more than 2,500 people.
- Tusker (Kenya): Tusker Lager is the largest African beer brand in the Diageo group. It is also the most popular drink in Kenya with 700,000 hectolitres being sold in the country per year.
- Mukwano (Uganda): Mukwano group is one of the most active investment groups in Uganda and won the coveted Annual Presidential Award as the Best exporter of the year in 2004.
- Anbessa (Ethiopia): Anbessa shoe share company was established in 1935 making us the oldest shoe manufacturing businesses in Ethiopia. They are committed to strive for local and foreign customers by providing a wide selection of shoes made from pure leather and by producing 4,500 pairs of shoes per day.
- Zenith Bank (Nigeria): Zenith Bank is one of the biggest banks with over one million shareholders in Nigeria. It has over 500 branches in Nigeria and its presence is also registered in United Kingdom, Ghana, Sierra Leone and The Gambia.
- Peak Milk (Nigeria): Peak Milk is the top brand of Friesland Campina WAMCO. The company’s Managing Director, Rahul Colaco described Peak as “a truly Nigerian iconic brand’’, at the brand’s 60th celebration.
Olatorera Consultancy Limited provides business development services to high net-worth individuals and companies looking to grow, enter or do business in Africa.