Amazon, the world’s largest internet company, has a unique financial journey. Amazon’s financial journey dates back to 1995 when the company was founded. Amazon’s unique financial journey as evident in the timeline below, is one that promotes growth over profitability. For over 2 decades from the time the company was founded, Amazon did not generate notable profit. Today, Amazon has made Jeff Bezos one of the world’s richest and most successful human beings. Amazon as of year 2020 is valued at over $800 Billion.
Amazon’s Financial Journey Led By Jeff Bezos:
- 1995 Seed Financing: Amazon founded with approximately $1,000,000 which included $245,000 equity investment from parents of Jeff Bezos.
- Jeff Bezos retained 80% ownership of Amazon at this stage.
- 1996 Series A: $8,000,000 raised from Venture Capital company, Kleiner Perkins.
- 1997 IPO: Within a revolutionarily short time, Amazon went public.
- 2002 Break Even: Generate profits of $5,000,000 in Q4 2001.
- 2017 Net Profits: New record of $3B
- 2018 Sales: Hit a significant record of $230B in revenue.
- 2020 Amazon Price Per Share: A whooping $2000 on average.
Push Your Dreams 2020
“Push Your Dreams” is an Electronic Non-Fiction Book of inspiring and powerful educational extracts authored by Olatorera Oniru. “Push Your Dreams” has 365 pages filled with powerful sparks to help you grow fast into an influential master of business and life. Available now on Olatorera.com and on Amazon.com.
About Olatorera Consultancy (OC):
Olatorera Consultancy is a modernistic venture combining deeply-rooted knowledge on Africa’s culture and challenges plus close relationships with topmost leaders to promote development. We provide consultancy, business development and advisory services to notable companies and high net-worth individuals.