As the old saying goes “health is wealth”. We all know that the secret behind success apart from hard work is good health. Without the good health of the people running all the successful businesses, organizations and establishments, they will not be what they are today. It is easy to ignore the importance of fitness and maintaining good health when the body’s immune system is in overdrive, however, it is important to note that without maintaining a fit and proper healthy lifestyle, the body’s immune system begins to slow down and possibly shut down leading to all kinds of diseases and illnesses. The immune system is responsible for fighting off infections in the body, this is why it is the most important part of the human body, that must always be kept active. No matter how busy we are, we can never be to busy to incorporate a healthy lifestyle in our daily lives to keep up us going. In addition to infusing some form of daily or weekly exercise which is also a crucial part of maintaining a healthy immune system, here are 5 foods that can also help to boost your immune system:
- Watermelon: The fruit is not only refreshing but also contains an antioxidant called glutathione which strengthens the immune system and helps it to fight infections.
- Spinach: The vegetable is regarded as a superfood because it contains a lot of nutrients such as folate, which helps the body make new cells and repairs DNA. It also contains fibre, antioxidants such as vitamin C, and more. It can be eaten raw or lightly cooked to get most of its dietary benefits.
- Sweet Potato: It contains beta-carotene which turns into vitamin A when it is absorbed and sponges off damaging free radicals.
- Garlic: Raw garlic can help beat skin infections due to its ability to fight bacteria, viruses, and fungi. To get the most of its benefits, fresh garlic should be used and not powder or processed ones. Garlic supplements also help to lower cholesterol.
- Mushroom: It contains mineral selenium and the B vitamins riboflavin and niacin which play a major role in a healthy immune system. Low selenium, makes the body more prone to more severe flu.
Olatorera Consultancy Limited provides business development services to high net-worth individuals and companies looking to grow, enter or do business in Africa.