John Dramani Mahama was a former president of Ghana who served from 24 July 2012 to 7 January 2017. Before he emerged as president he served as the vice-president of Ghana from 2009 to 2019 and ascended to the presidency following the death of late John Atta Mills who was the president. Apart from being a prominent Ghanian politician, John Mahama is also a communication expert, historian, and writer. After serving a full term as president following his election in 2012 he contested for a re-election in 2016 but was defeated by Ghana’s incumbent president Nana Akufo-Addo, which made him the first Ghanaian president to have served for only a single term.
Mr John Mahama had some corruption allegations against him during his tenure as vice-president and president which involved several misappropriated funds linked to deals with Ghana’s Savannah Accelerated Development Authority (SADA), a company known as Smarttys owned by a member of the ruling NDC activist Selassie Ibrahim and a Ford Expedition he was alleged to have accepted from a construction company bidding for a major government contract in 2012.
However, he still made some notable strides during his presidency which gained him global recognition to date. Below are top 3 achievements of John Mahama as president of Ghana:
- John Mahama was elected to preside over the Economic Community of West African States ECOWAS on the 30th of March 2014.
- John Mahama was elected Chairperson of the African Union (AU) High-Level African Trade Committee (HATC) in June 2014.
- John Mahama became co-chair of the Sustainable Development Goals Advocates group in January 2016 which consists of 17 eminent persons assisting the UN Secretary-General in the campaign to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that world leaders unanimously adopted in September 2015.
Want to push your dreams in today’s technology-driven, constantly-changing world? You must read Olatorera Oniru’s bestselling digital e-book titled Push Your Dreams available now on Olatorera.com and on Amazon.com.
The Olatorera Consultancy brand has grown from an ambitious solo-preneur to a team of over 50 people highly assertive on providing the seal and stamp of “Africa’s Best” to great businesses in Africa and beyond. Chief Executive Consultant, Olatorera Oniru is very passionate about seeing businesses succeed and operate optimally. She is also notably passionate about witnessing Africa transformed into one of the world’s greatest continents. Olatorera Consultancy has an annual outline of businesses we work with. We currently do not accept unsolicited applications. To network with the team at Olatorera Consultancy Limited, please add your company to the reviews page here. An Olatorera Consultancy company representative may be in touch with you shortly after reviewing your company’s readiness for business consultation services.
Some of the services we provide to our clients:
- Doing Business In Africa: Data Analytics, Market Insights, Launch Plan & Strategy Development
- Service Level Critique and Secret-Customer Detective Services
- Customer Service, Quality & Operational Excellence Assurance
- Seal of Africa’s Best and Nomination for Annual List of “Africa’s Best 100 Companies” and “Africa’s Best 100 Leaders”.