Blessing Okagbare-Ighoteguonor was born on the 9th of October 1988. She is a Nigerian track and field athlete who specializes in long jumping and short sprints. She is an Olympic and World Championship medalist in the long jump, and a world medalist in the 200 metres. She also holds the Women’s 100 metres Commonwealth Games record for the fastest time at 10.85 seconds. Guinness World Records gave her a certificate for the most appearances in Diamond League Meetings, making a total of 67 appearances between 3rd of July 2010 and 31 August 2018.
- Fourth woman to win the 100m and 200m double at the Commonwealth Games.
- Okagbare won the silver medal in long jump in the 2013 World Championships in Moscow.
- She eclipsed the existing record by compatriot Gloria Alozia of 10.90s which had stood since 1998.
- She won new continental medals at the 2012 African Championships in Porto- Novo.
- In the 2011 season at the All Africa Games in Maputo, Mozambique, she won 3 medals.
- She is the current African record holder in the 200 m with her run of 22.04 seconds in 2018.
- She won the African 100 m and long jump champion in 2010.
- She has won medals at the IAAF Continental Cup.
- She has also won medals at the World Relays.
- She won a silver medal at the 2018 Beijing Olympic.
You can also read Meet 5 Bitcoin Billionaires Across The World