The governorship elections took place in only 29 states as there were no elections in Edo, Ondo, Ekiti, Bayelsa, Kogi, Anambra and Osun because the tenures of their governors are yet to elapse. The elections are being contested by 1,158 governorship candidates across the country. Results are still being announced, however, some states are still inconclusive while some governors won their re-election bid. Here are some official winners announced by INEC.
- Udom Emmanuel – Akwa Ibom State governorship election
- Aminu Masari (Re-elected) – Katsina State governorship election
- Abubakar Bello (Re-elected) – Niger State governorship election
- Babajide Sanwo-Olu- Lagos State governorship election
- Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi – Enugu State governorship election
- Ben Ayade (Re-elected)- Cross River governorship election
- Alhaji Muhammed Inuwa Yahaya – Gombe State governorship election
- Okezie Ikpeazu (Re-elected) – Abia State governorship election
- Seyi Makinde – Oyo State governorship election
- Abdulrazaq Abdulrahman – Kwara State governorship election
- Atiku Bagudu – Kebbi State governorship election
- Dapo Abiodun – Ogun State governorship election
Push Your Dreams Confidently!
Want to push your dreams in today’s technology-driven, constantly-changing world? You must read Olatorera Oniru’s bestselling digital e-book titled Push Your Dreams available now on Olatorera.com and on Amazon.com.
The Olatorera Consultancy brand has grown from an ambitious solo-preneur to a team of highly assertive “Africanists” focused on providing the seal and stamp of “Africa’s Best” to great businesses in Africa and beyond. Olatorera Consultancy has an annual outline of businesses we work with. We currently do not accept unsolicited applications. To network with the team at Olatorera Consultancy Limited, please add your company to the reviews page here. An Olatorera Consultancy company representative may be in touch with you shortly after reviewing your company’s readiness for business consultation services.