Psychology is a source of fascination and learning about your behavior and mind gives you a greater understanding of yourself and others around you.
Also, the power of positivity is real and discussion around psychology facts are here to stay. There is a change in the world as individuals now look for ways to live a happier and more meaningful life.
Here are some psychology facts everyone should know and you may find some surprising:
- Research has found that good relationships are important to a long life than exercise.
- Optimistic beliefs about the future can prevent/ protect people from physical and mental illness.
- Holding hands with someone you love can alleviate physical pains as well as stress and fear.
- Volunteers are significantly more satisfied with their lives than non volunteers.
- Your rain does more creative work when you are tired.
- Seeing others positively reveals one’s positive traits and seeing others negatively reveals one’s negative traits.
- Depression is the result of over thinking. The mind creates problems that didn’t exist.
- Being happy with people makes you happier.
- The brain treats rejection with physical pain.
- People tend to be happier when they are kept busy as this prevents them from thinking about negative things in life.
- Writing negative thoughts improves your mood instantly.
- Psychology says the first impression is always made in the first 7 seconds.
- Your favorite song is your favorite because you associated an emotional event with it.
- Pretending not to care is the habit of someone who generally cares the most.
- You can only remember 3 to 4 things at a time.