Over the last decade, the Anzisha Prize has celebrated young entrepreneurs and believes that successful transitions from school to entrepreneurship are under-invested. It stands on the Anzisha Prize’s longstanding belief that more young people should choose entrepreneurship to help lessen youth unemployment on the continent.
The Anzisha Prize in partnership with African Leadership Academy and Mastercard Foundation is celebrating 10 African entrepreneurs whose transitions into entrepreneurship started before the age of 25. The 10 inspirational business leaders have been inducted into the Anzisha Prize Hall of Fame for 2020. This diverse group of entrepreneurs reflect transitions from high school or university into entrepreneurship that demonstrate the importance of starting your entrepreneurship journey early.
The Hall of Fame 2020 features five male and five female honourees who are entrepreneurs from various industries from South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, Zambia, Cameroon and Egypt.
- Njeri Rionge: Started her Business in Kenya at 8.
- Temitope Ogunsemo: Started Krystal Digital as age 24.
- Baratang Miya: Started Girl Hype in South Africa at 23.
- Wandile Zondo: Started Thesis Lifestyle in Soweto at 21.
- Mutoba Ngoma: Started Tapera Industries in Zambia at 21.
- Rapelang Rabana: Created the Yiego app in South Africa at 22.
- Ntuthuko Shezi: Started hi sserial entrepreneurship journey in South Africa at 21
- Musa Kalenga: Started Monatefellaz at 19 in South Africa.
- Jessy Bityeki: Started Queen Service at 24 in Cameroon.
- Dina el Mofty: Started Injaz Egypt at 24.
Almost everyone in developed and under-developed economies has been negatively affected someway by the covid-19 pandemic. Regardless of how minimal the impact has been on you and your family, this is the time to better prepare for what lies ahead. Use the current downtime to strengthen your knowledge and confidence. Read all 365 pages of “Push Your Dreams”. “Push Your Dreams” is an Electronic Non-Fiction Book of inspiring and powerful educational extracts authored by Olatorera Oniru. “Push Your Dreams” has 365 pages filled with powerful sparks to help you grow fast into an influential master of business and life. Available now on Olatorera.com/push-your-dreams and on Amazon.com.
About Olatorera Consultancy (OC):
Olatorera Consultancy is a modernistic venture combining deeply-rooted knowledge on Africa’s culture and challenges plus close relationships with topmost leaders to promote development. We provide consultancy, business development and advisory services to notable companies and high net-worth individuals.