In 2010, when Muammar Gaddafi was stepping down as chairman of the African Union, he gave a speech. In the speech, he referenced the many African leaders that opposed his dreams of a United States of Africa. These leaders opposed Muammar Gaddafi’s dreams on the basis that Africa not too long ago emerged from colonization. These leaders also noted that they would rather maintain their individual sovereignty for decades to come. Muammar Gaddafi said, at the African Union event in 2010, “The world’s engine is turning into 7 or 10 countries and we are not aware of that. We have to get united to be united. Let’s be united today.” The following are the top 3 African leaders who vehemently opposed Muammar Gaddafi’s dreams of a United Africa:
- Baso Sangqu of South Africa under the leadership of President Jacob Zuma. Baso Sanqu was ambassador of South Africa to the European Union. Baso Sangqu voted against Muammar Gaddafi at the 2011 UN Security Council resolution that initiated a no-fly zone in Libya.
- Joy Uche Ogwu of Nigeria under the leadership of President Goodluck Jonathan. Joy Ogwu was former ambassador for Nigeria to the United Nations. She voted against Muammar Gaddafi at the 2011 UN Security Council resolution that initiated a no-fly zone in Libya.
- Emmanuel Issoze-Ngondet under the leadership of President Ali Bongo Ondimba of Gabon
PUSH YOUR DREAMS – CHANGE THE WORLD!
Want to push your dreams in today’s technology-driven, constantly-changing world? You must read Olatorera Oniru’s bestselling digital e-book titled Push Your Dreams available now on Olatorera.com and on Amazon.com.
The Olatorera Consultancy brand has grown from an ambitious solo-preneur to a team of over 50 people highly assertive on providing the seal and stamp of “Africa’s Best” to great businesses in Africa and beyond. Chief Executive Consultant, Olatorera Oniru is very passionate about seeing businesses succeed and operate optimally. She is also notably passionate about witnessing Africa transformed into one of the world’s greatest continents. Olatorera Consultancy has an annual outline of businesses we work with. We currently do not accept unsolicited applications. To network with the team at Olatorera Consultancy Limited, please add your company to the reviews page here. An Olatorera Consultancy company representative may be in touch with you shortly after reviewing your company’s readiness for business consultation services.
Some of the services we provide to our clients:
- Doing Business In Africa: Data Analytics, Market Insights, Launch Plan & Strategy Development
- Service Level Critique and Secret-Customer Detective Services
- Customer Service, Quality & Operational Excellence Assurance
- Seal of Africa’s Best and Nomination for Annual List of “Africa’s Best 100 Companies” and “Africa’s Best 100 Leaders”.