When it comes to FMCG, Ghana is famously known as the world’s largest cocoa producer among its several other major resources. However, at the top of the list of Ghana’s best Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) companies are the 5 leading companies below:
- Fan Milk Ghana Ltd is a major manufacturer and retailer of ice cream and frozen dairy products which has a leading position on the West African market, derived from the Nigerian based company Fan Milk Plc. It was incorporated in 1960 and was previously known as the Ghanaian Milk Company. It took advantage of Danish investment in the early 1960s and initially specialized in pasteurized milk. However, in 1962, the company changed its name to Fan Milk Limited and branched out into the production of ice cream, yogurt, and ice lollies. It was the first foreign-invested company in Ghana to become a Public Limited Liability in 1967 and among the first Companies to be listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange.
- Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd is the leading total beverage business in Ghana formed in 1991 with a wide collection of brands across beers, stouts, non-alcoholic and spirits. GGBL is a part of the Diageo beverage company, the world’s leading premium drinks business with internationally celebrated brands including Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, and Baileys. GGBL is the only beverage business in Ghana listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange.
- Benso Oil Palm Plantation is a leading Ghanaian oil palm plantation and company, based at the Adum Banso Estate in Takoradi. It was formed in 2004 and is involved with the production and processing of palm oil.
- Accra Brewery Company which was first registered in Switzerland as Overseas Breweries Limited was built in Adabraka as West Africa’s first brewery in 1931. The company’s establishment marked the beginning of Ghana’s non-traditional manufacturing industry, with CLUB Premium Lager, its flagship brand, which became Ghana’s first manufactured product. The company is a foremost leading brewer in Ghana which manufactures best-selling alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Cocoa Processing Company is a leading Ghanian based cocoa processing company established in 1981. The company produces chocolates and chocolate-based products which have won several local and international quality awards.
The Olatorera Consultancy brand has grown from an ambitious solo-preneur to a team of over 15 people highly assertive on providing the seal and stamp of “Africa’s Best” to great businesses in Nigeria and beyond. Chief Executive Consultant, Olatorera Oniru is very passionate about seeing businesses succeed and operate optimally. She is also notably passionate about witnessing Africa transformed into one of the world’s greatest continents. Olatorera Consultancy has an annual outline of businesses we work with. We currently do not accept unsolicited applications. To network with the team at Olatorera Consultancy Limited, please add your company to the reviews page here. An Olatorera Consultancy company representative may be in touch with you shortly after reviewing your company’s readiness for business consultation services.