The ministerial nominee list sent by Buhari to the Senate last week, has just been recently approved.What this means is that President Buhari can now go ahead to swear them in. Although when this nominee list was released, there were some doubts amongst some Nigerians about the competencies of some of the nominees. Nevertheless, some of these ministerial nominees have had very successful careers thus far.
Below is a list of the five most accomplished ministers appointed by president Buhari;
- Babatunde Fashola: Fashola was born on 28 June, 1963.He attended Birch Freeman High school Lagos and Igbobi College Lagos. He studied Law at the University of Benin from where he graduated with a Bachelor of Laws, LL.B.(Hon), degree in 1987. Asidefrom being a lawyer, he is also a politician who was the immediate past Federal Minister of Power, Works and Housing and was Lagos State Governor from May 29, 2007 to May 29, 2015. Till dtae, many argue that he is one of the best governors Lagos State has had.
- Mariam Katagum: She holds a Master degree in Administration and Planning from the University of Lagos, a Bachelor of Arts, B.A in English, a Graduate Certificate in Education at the Ahmadu Bello University, as well as a Certificate in Social Development Policy, Planning and Practice at the University College, London. Mrs. Katagum has served on a number of national and international Committees and Panels throughout her career. In particular she was a Member of the Board of Trustees of the African World Heritage Fund between 2009 and 2011; Chairperson of the West Africa Group in UNESCO in 2009 and 2012; Chair of the E-9 Group at UNESCO in 2010 to 2012; Member, representing Nigeria, on the UNESCO Headquarters’ Committee in 2011-2013; Temporary Chairperson of the PX Commission of the Executive Board, 191st Session in 2013 and Chairperson of the Preparatory Group, of the Executive Board, 197th Session in 2015.
- Dr Osagie Ehanire: He is an outstanding surgeon and holds an MD from the college of Medicine, Ludwig Maximillians University, Munich. He also holds post graduate Diplomas from the Teaching Hospital of the University of Düsseldorf and Essen, Germany in the areas of Anesthesiology, General Surgery, and Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery. Dr. Osagie has served on various medical Boards both within and outside Nigeria. He was Senior Registrar, Clinical Instructor, University of Benin Teaching Hospital. He was also a member of the old Bendel and Edo States Hospital Management Board and a consultant Surgeon, Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria.In addition, he was a Clinical Course instructor, Fracture Internal Fixation course, BG Accident Hospital, Duisburg, Germany. Also he co-authored the orthopaedic book “The severely injured limb” edited By John Ackroyd. He is a Nigerian from Edo State.
- Hadi Sirika: He was a former pilot and former General Manager of Katsina State Transport Authority. He was also the Vice-Chairman of the Millennium Development Goals (MGDs) Committee set by the Nigerian Senate. Also he is a former Member, House of Representative, and Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, who represented Katsina North Senatorial District under the platform of Congress for Progressive Change.Furthermore, he is the immediate past Minister OF Aviation of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Geoffrey Onyeama: He holds a Bachelor of Arts (B.A) degree in Political Science from Columbia University, New York in 1977 and a Bachelor of Arts (B.A) degree in Law from St John’s College, Cambridge in 1980. He also has a Masters of Law (LL.M) from the London School of Economics and Political Science and a Masters of Arts (M.A) in Law from St John’s College, Cambridge in 1984.Onyeama was admitted as a Barrister-at-Law of the Supreme Court of Nigeria in 1983 and was also called to the English Bar of the Grey’s Inn in 1981. He was Nigeria’s Minister for Foreign Affairs. Onyeama was appointed Foreign Affairs Minister of Nigeria in November 2015 by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Push Your Dreams Confidently!
Want to push your dreams in today’s technology-driven, constantly-changing world? You must read Olatorera Oniru’s bestselling digital e-book titled Push Your Dreams available now on Olatorera.com and on Amazon.com.
The Olatorera Consultancy brand has grown from an ambitious solo-preneur to a team of highly assertive “Africanists” focused on providing the seal and stamp of “Africa’s Best” to great businesses in Africa and beyond. Olatorera Consultancy has an annual outline of businesses we work with. We currently do not accept unsolicited applications. To network with the team at Olatorera Consultancy Limited, please add your company to the reviews page here. An Olatorera Consultancy company representative may be in touch with you shortly after reviewing your company’s readiness for business consultation services.