Most Nigerian universities particularly the federal and state-owned schools have been categorized with poor sanitation and environment neglected campuses and generally unattractive for both local and foreign students. The sad realization is that it has been the utmost desire of most Nigerian parents to send their children abroad to school due to the poor facilities in many Nigerian schools, regardless of the high potential educational value Nigerian schools possess. However, with many privately owned universities emerging within the country today, Nigeria now has more standardized schools with good facilities that parents can proudly send their children to even though most of these private schools usually come at a high cost.
Lately with the rising competition, the federal and state universities seem to be picking up the pace to meet the standards the private universities are setting, to the extent that some of these public schools are gradually making the list of Nigeria’s most attractive and eco-friendly universities. Let us take a look at the top 5 most eco-friendly universities in Nigeria:
- Landmark University: It is an Agro-based private university established in 2011 by the World Missions Agency; An affiliate of Living Faith Church Worldwide, located in the heart of Omu Aran, Kwara State. Along with its commercial farm, it covers 2,000 hectares of land with three rivers flowing through it in the ancient farming community. It is regarded as the most “eco-friendly” university in Nigeria with an impressive road network. It is distinguished by an all green architecture, lush lawns, and well-manicured flowers.
- FUNAAB: The Federal University Of Agriculture Abeokuta was founded in January 1998 by the Federal Government of Nigeria. It is one of the three public universities of agriculture in Nigeria today. It is regarded as a place to be for lovers of nature and covers about 10,000-hectares of land located in Abeokuta, Ogun state.
- Elizade University: It was founded in 2013 by Nigerian Business magnate Chief Micheal Ade Ojo and is located at the serene community of Ilara mokin, Ondo state. The University was endowed by its proprietor with a 7 billion naira grant which aided the construction of 21 buildings.
- Covenant University: It is founded in 2002 by billionaire pastor Dr. David Oyedepo of Living Faith church and established by World Missions Agency, located in the Ota axis of Ogun state. The University was designed with inspiration from Judeo – Christian Architecture. A mass portion of the University is filled with green spaces.
- Adeleke University: Founded by Chief Adedeji Adeleke, father of famous Nigerian musician Davido, and is located on 520 acres of land in Ede, Osun State. Adeleke University is a member of the Seventh Day Adventist University System and is regarded as a faith-based institution. The University’s environment is characterized by the presence of vegetation, lawns, and trees with a fine interaction between built spaces. It is said to be one of the most beautiful universities in Nigeria.
Olatorera Consultancy Limited is a new-generation consulting company providing business development and consulting services to established companies and high net-worth individuals. Olatorera Consultancy provides critical and analytical services to companies under our radar to enable them innovate and serve their clients more effectively and efficiently using digital resources and modern strategies. Olatorera Consultancy provides the seal and stamp of Africa’s Best to enable great companies compete stronger on a global scale. Olatorera Consultancy publishes an annual list of “Africa’s Best 100 Companies” and “Africa’s Best 100 Leaders”.