River’s State is the 2nd largest contributor to Nigeria’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP), contributing over $20 Billion annual to Nigeria’s GDP. Rivers State has produced several indigenous and foreign billionaires doing business in the country. In a country that is mostly known for wealth generated from politics, religion and oil, the following men have built long-standing businesses. Many made wealth from the legal or banking profession, others made wealth from oil and reinvested the wealth into the nation to grow the economy. The below are the top 10 richest men that were born in and/or hail from oil-rich Rivers State of Nigeria:
Popular Read: George Floyd: 10 Comments That Fire The Anger And Justify Actions of The Protesters Until Demanded Justice And Equality Is Achieved
- Mr Atedo Peterside – Founder and Shareholder of Stanbic IBTC Nigeria
- Mr Tonye Cole – Business Man, Former Sahara Energy Group. 2019 Governorship Aspirant, Rivers State, Nigeria. Read: Who Is Tonye Cole?
- Mr Tein George – Owner Of George Hotel Nigeria. Read: Who Is Tein George?
- Mr Emmanuel Georgewill – Owner of Cortech Oil Services Nigeria.
- Onueze Chukwujinka Joe (OCJ) Okocha SAN, MFR – Former President of The Nigeria Bar Association (NBA)
- Mr Herbert Wigwe – Chief Executive Officer of Access Bank Nigeria. Although born in Oyo State, his roots trace back to Rivers State where his parents are from.
- Mr George Etomi – Owner of George Etomi & Partners, Ikoyi & Director of Eko Electricity Distribution Company.
Want to push your dreams in today’s great-people, good-nations, technology-driven, corruption-stricken, high-potential world? You must read Olatorera Oniru’s 2018 e-book titled Push Your Dreams available now on Olatorera.com and on Amazon.com.
The Olatorera Consultancy brand has grown from an ambitious solo-preneur to a team of over 50 people highly assertive on providing the seal and stamp of “Africa’s Best” to great businesses in Africa and beyond. Chief Executive Consultant, Olatorera Oniru is very passionate about seeing businesses succeed and operate optimally. She is also notably passionate about witnessing Africa transformed into one of the world’s greatest continents. Olatorera Consultancy has an annual outline of businesses we work with. We currently do not accept unsolicited applications. To network with the team at Olatorera Consultancy Limited, please add your company to the reviews page here. An Olatorera Consultancy company representative may be in touch with you shortly after reviewing your company’s readiness for business consultation services.