Rapid mediation is a process for individuals or groups, who are in any type of conflict or disagreement, to work with a mediator to discuss the problems, identify the key issues and explore practical ways to resolve or manage the conflict. It is also an effective way of resolving disputes without the need for the court’s intervention. The term ‘rapid’ means that the mediation process is meant to be fast and in most cases, the dispute should be sorted out in less than 48 hours.
Need For Rapid Mediation
- Clarify and achieve the conflict management goals.
- Develop insights into the dynamics of the particular conflicts and disputes.
- Avoid the long wait and stress of court proceedings.
- Consider the perspective of the other person or persons involved in the conflict or dispute.
- Attain a high rate of compliance.
- Acquiring a high level of privacy and confidentiality.
- Preservation of an ongoing relationship or termination of a relationship in a more amicable way.