Dr Taiwo Olayinka Afolabi is the founder and current CEO of Sifax Group, a conglomerate that deals in Maritime, Aviation, Haulage, Hospitality, Financial Services and Oil and Gas. He began his professional career with a shipping company, Nigerian Express Agencies Limited, where he distinguished himself and rose to become the Head of Operations.
From a little beginning, the company, which started as a freight forwarding agency in Lagos, Nigeria, currently operates across the world with presence in the United States, United Kingdom, Ghana, South Africa, Holland, Belgium, Morocco, Spain and Djibouti, among others. His net worth as 2020 was estimated to be $1 Million – $5 Million
Awards And Recognitions
- Dr. Taiwo Afolabi, has been conferred with an award of Chairman Governing Council of the Port and Terminal Management Academy of Nigeria (POTEMAN).
- He built a 1,000 capacity lecture theatre at Ladoke Akintola University, Ogbomosho and an 18-seater Toyota Hiace bus donated to the medical students association of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State.
- He has been conferred with various honorary doctorate degrees by four universities, including Ladoke Akintola University, Ogbomosho, Oyo state, Cornerstone University and Theological Seminary, Jerusalem, Israel and USA, European-American University, Dominica and Commonwealth University, Belize.
- Dr. Taiwo Afolabi is also a recipient of over thirty individual awards from diverse organizations. The latest of these awards being the 2014 Business Person of the Year which was conferred on him by one of Nigeria’s leading newspapers, Daily Sun.
- He is a recipient of the Member of the Order of Niger (MON).
- He is also the Honorary Consul-General of the Republic of Djibouti in Nigeria.