Nigeria is a country which is very rich in raw materials. The country is blessed with a variety of raw material products used in processing finished products and goods in food, clothing, electronics, building materials and so many others. However, the country still strives in processing these raw materials domestically to replace the high level of importation of finished goods made from these raw materials that we possess at our fingertips. Here are 5 best products some great companies/manufacturers in Nigeria have used to prove that the country can indeed produce some of Africa’s potentially best finished goods:
- Dangote Products; The company which was founded in 1981 by Africa’s richest man Aliko Dangote and produces sugar, flour, salt, steel, cement, oil and gas as well as packaging materials amongst others.
- DUFIL Prima Foods; De United Foods Industrial Limited (DUFIL) Prima Foods is the manufacturer of Indomie in Nigeria. The company which was founded in 1995 produces one of Nigeria’s most consumed food which is Indomie Instant Noodles.
- Nigerian Breweries Products: The company was founded in Nigeria on the 16th of November 1946 and is the first and largest brewery in Nigeria. They produce Nigeria’s favourite alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks such as gulder, Heineken, ace passion apple spark, star, legend extra stout, Goldberg lager, star lite lager, life continental lager, maltina, malta gold, Amstel malta, climax energy drink and fayrouz.
- Flour Mills of Nigeria; It is a private limited liability company in Nigeria which was founded in 1962. The company produces Golden Penny flours which is very popular amongst bakeries, consumers, and confectioneries in Nigeria.
- Polystar Electronics; The company is a leading brand in the consumer electronics sub-sector of Nigeria’s large electronics market. The parent company Polysonic Nigeria Limited began operations in 1990 and has grown to become one of the leading names in the electronics and household business within Nigeria, with a wide network of branches and dealers across the country.
Olatorera Consultancy Limited provides business development services to high net-worth individuals and companies looking to grow, enter or do business in Africa.