Mrs. Oluremi Tinubu is undoubtedly one of the prominent senators of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The eloquent and self- driven politician represents Lagos Central senatorial district. She was the youngest of 12 children and was raised in Ogun State. She received a B.S. in Education from the University of Ife, and a National Certificate of Education in Botany and Zoology from the Adeyemi College of Education.
Popular Read: Top 5 Most Beautiful Women In Nigerian Politics.
The Senator was also the first lady of Lagos State for 8 years, when her husband, his excellency Asiwaju Bola Tinubu was elected as Governor in 1999, and 2007. During her time as the first lady of Lagos, she effected many positive changes and continues to do so as a Senator.
Here are 5 among the many great attributes of Senator Remi Tinubu:
- Competitive. She was one of the six female senators to be elected as a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2015 among over 100 elected candidates.
- Caring. As first lady, she established the New Era Foundation, dedicated to establishing centres for all-round development of young ones and promote public awareness on environmental health and community service.
- Somewhat Kind. Senator Oluremi Tinubu has executed a lot of philanthropic acts to alleviate the plight of indigent persons and most importantly, she has touched the lives of girls and women in her constituency.
- Role Model. She has also written a number of publications; including an auto-biography- The Journey of Grace – My FaithWalk. In recognition of her achievements and contributions to societal development, Senator Oluremi Tinubu has been honoured both locally and internationally.
- Progressive. She has carried out many positive constituency development initiatives including; Post-Secondary School Scholarship Scheme [PSSS] –Annual disbursement of N100, 000 to 26 beneficiaries for four years, and 624 students of tertiary institutions receive N10, 000 as book bursaries. Grants to help 650 beneficiaries within her constituency to re-capitalize their businesses. Provision of maintenance grants to alleviate the plight of the elderly (Elderly Citizen Assistance Scheme). Sponsorship of Youth Empowerment and Skills Acquisition Scheme (YESAS) to enable more youth in her constituency to become economically productive and self-employed. She helped secure N377m funding from the Tertiary Education Trust Fund [TETFUND] for three institutions – Sir Michael Otedola College of Primary Education (N109m); Lagos State University (N108m), and Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education (N160m). Through the Senate Committee on Education, she obtained Federal support for the rehabilitation of Jibowu Junior High School, Yaba [N21 million], Banjo Primary School, Otumara-Ilogbo, Ebute-Metta [N20 million] as well as N15 million each for Holy Trinity Primary School, Ebute-Ero, Ansar Ud-Deen Primary School, Oke-Popo and Ire-Akari Primary School, Orile-Iganmu.
Olatorera Consultancy Limited provides business development services to high net-worth individuals and companies looking to grow, enter or do business in Africa.
If success is what you really want, you must read Olatorera Oniru’s Book “The World Needs Africa”, The Aspiration, Leadership and Greatness Story of Success by an African, within Africa, is highly inspirational and educational. The book is certainly one of Africa’s Best.
Push Your Dreams Confidently!
Want to push your dreams in today’s technology-driven, constantly-changing world? You must read Olatorera Oniru’s bestselling digital e-book titled Push Your Dreams available now on Olatorera.com and on Amazon.com.
The Olatorera Consultancy brand has grown from an ambitious solo-preneur to a team of over 50 people highly assertive on providing the seal and stamp of “Africa’s Best” to great businesses in Africa and beyond. Olatorera Consultancy has an annual outline of businesses we work with. We currently do not accept unsolicited applications. To network with the team at Olatorera Consultancy Limited, please add your company to the reviews page here. An Olatorera Consultancy company representative may be in touch with you shortly after reviewing your company’s readiness for business consultation services.
Olatorera Consultancy Limited publishes an annual list of Africa’s Best.
Africa’s Best is Olatorera Consultancy Limited’s prestigious annual list of 100 great companies and 100 great leadersin Africa. The list is non-biased, ethical, well-aligned with public knowledge and developmentally fit for public use. The list is compiled annually by 3 or more senior consultants at Olatorera Consultancy Limited (OCL) and approved by the executive leadership team and the board of directors. In compiling this list of Africa’s Best, OCL Consultants conducted interviews and research with clients, employees, Africa’s growth enthusiasts and subject-matter-experts knowledgeable about the nominated best leaders and nominated best businesses. The team at Olatorera Consultancy Limited are highly assertive on providing the seal and stamp of “Africa’s Best” to great businesses in Africa and beyond.