Oluremi Tinubu (Mrs, Senator, First Lady, Pastor) is currently first lady of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. She was undoubtedly one of the most prominent senators in Nigeria’s National Assembly from 2015 untill her husband, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, became President of Nigeria in 2023. The eloquent and self- driven politician represented Lagos Central senatorial district. Growing up, she was raised as the youngest of 12 children in Ogun State. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Education from the University of Ife, and a National Certificate of Education in Botany and Zoology from the Adeyemi College of Education.
Popular Must Read: Top 5 Most Beautiful Women In Nigerian Politics.
The former Senator was also the first lady of Lagos State for 8 years, when her husband, his excellency Asiwaju Bola Tinubu was elected as Governor in 1999 until 2007. During her time as the first lady of Lagos, she effected certain positive changes and continued to do so as a Senator. Nigeria awaits her ongoing impact as First Lady and beyond.
Here are 5 of the many great attributes of First Lady Senator Remi Tinubu:
- Competitive. She was one of the six female senators to be elected as a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2015 among over 100 elected candidates.
- Caring. As first lady, she established the New Era Foundation, dedicated to establishing centres for all-round development of young children. Her initiatives also promote public awareness on environmental health and community service.
- Kind. Senator Oluremi Tinubu has executed a lot of philanthropic acts to alleviate the plight of indigent persons and most importantly, she has touched the lives of girls and women in her constituency.
- Role Model. Senator Oluremi Tinubu has written a number of publications; including an auto-biography- The Journey of Grace – My Faith Walk. In recognition of her achievements and contributions to societal development, Senator Oluremi Tinubu has been honoured both locally and internationally.
- Progressive. She has carried out many positive constituency development initiatives including; Post-Secondary School Scholarship Scheme –Annual disbursement of N100, 000 to many beneficiaries for four years. 624 students of tertiary institutions receive N10,000 as book bursaries. Grants to help 650 beneficiaries within her constituency to re-capitalize their businesses. Provision of maintenance grants to alleviate the plight of the elderly (Elderly Citizen Assistance Scheme). Sponsorship of Youth Empowerment and Skills Acquisition Scheme (YESAS) to enable more youth in her constituency to become economically productive and self-employed.
She helped secure significant funding from the Tertiary Education Trust Fund [TETFUND] for three institutions – Sir Michael Otedola College of Primary Education; Lagos State University, and Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education. Through the Senate Committee on Education, she obtained Federal support for the rehabilitation of Jibowu Junior High School, Yaba, Banjo Primary School, Otumara-Ilogbo, Ebute-Metta, as well as Holy Trinity Primary School, Ebute-Ero, Ansar Ud-Deen Primary School, Oke-Popo and Ire-Akari Primary School, Orile-Iganmu.
This article was written in 2021 and updated in 2023.
Olatorera Consultancy Limited provides business development services to high net-worth individuals and companies looking to grow, enter or do business in Africa.If success is what you really want, you must read Olatorera Oniru’s Book “The World Needs Africa”, The Aspiration, Leadership and Greatness Story of Success by an African, within Africa, is highly inspirational and educational. The book is certainly one of Africa’s Best.
Push Your Dreams Confidently!
Want to push your dreams in today’s technology-driven, constantly-changing world? You must read Olatorera Oniru’s bestselling digital e-book titled Push Your Dreams available now on Olatorera.com and on Amazon.com.
The Olatorera Consultancy brand has grown from an ambitious solo-preneur to a team of over 50 people highly assertive on providing the seal and stamp of “Africa’s Best” to great businesses in Africa and beyond. Olatorera Consultancy has an annual outline of businesses we work with. We currently do not accept unsolicited applications. To network with the team at Olatorera Consultancy Limited, please add your company to the reviews page here. An Olatorera Consultancy company representative may be in touch with you shortly after reviewing your company’s readiness for business consultation services.
Olatorera Consultancy Limited publishes an annual list of Africa’s Best.
Africa’s Best is Olatorera Consultancy Limited’s prestigious annual list of 100 great companies and 100 great leadersin Africa. The list is non-biased, ethical, well-aligned with public knowledge and developmentally fit for public use. The list is compiled annually by 3 or more senior consultants at Olatorera Consultancy Limited (OCL) and approved by the executive leadership team and the board of directors. In compiling this list of Africa’s Best, OCL Consultants conducted interviews and research with clients, employees, Africa’s growth enthusiasts and subject-matter-experts knowledgeable about the nominated best leaders and nominated best businesses. The team at Olatorera Consultancy Limited are highly assertive on providing the seal and stamp of “Africa’s Best” to great businesses in Africa and beyond.