Many African countries are among the world’s fastest-growing economies of today. Within these fast-growing African countries are many of the world’s most successful and richest entrepreneurs and people in business. These individuals started their own businesses or grew their family businesses into great establishments. Either way, they have risen to the top of Africa’s best and most successful entrepreneurs today. Below is a comprehensive list compiled by Olatorera.com of the top 5 African countries with the most successful entrepreneurs and billionaires of 2018:
- Nigeria- Aliko Dangote is the Founder/CEO of Dangote Group, which is the largest multinational manufacturing conglomerate in West Africa. He is also Africa’s richest man with an estimated net worth of $11.3 billion.
- South Africa- Nicky Oppenheimer was the Chairman of De Beers Company, a world leading diamond producing company first ran by his grandfather who took control of the firm in1927. The family is currently worth $7.6 billion.
- Egypt: Nassef Sawiris is the head of Egypt’s most expensive publicly-traded company Orascom Construction Industries and one of Africa’stop 10 billionaires. His net-worth currently estimated at $6.8 billion.
- Algeria: Issad Rebrab is the Founder/CEO of Cevital, which is Algeria’s biggest privately-held companies and has one of the biggest sugar refineries in the world. He is currently worth $4.31billion.
- Morocco: Aziz Akannouch is the majority owner of Akwa Group, a multibillion-dollar Moroccan conglomerate with interests in petroleum, gas & chemicals and other businesses in media, real estate and hotels. He is also the country’s current minister of Agriculture and has an estimated net worth of $1.6billion.
Olatorera Consultancy Limited is a new-generation consulting company providing business development and consulting services to established companies and high net-worth individuals. Olatorera Consultancy provides critical and analytical services to companies under our radar to enable them innovate and serve their clients more effectively and efficiently using digital resources and modern strategies. Olatorera Consultancy provides the seal and stamp of Africa’s Best to enable great companies compete stronger on a global scale. Olatorera Consultancy publishes an annual list of “Africa’s Best 100 Companies” and “Africa’s Best 100 Leaders”.