Africa is home for some of the top leading companies and businesses around the world, of course, these companies and businesses do not lead themselves but are being headed by some of the world’s greatest minds in business. Through strong leadership and business approach, these great minds have been able to push their organizations to the top, ranking them as the top CEOs in Africa. Here are Africa’s top 5 leading CEOs:
- Alhaji Aliko Dangote, CEO of Dangote Group who is a Nigerian self-made business magnate with an estimated net worth of $16.1 billion as of March 2013. He is undoubtedly Africa’s best-known CEO and president and the continent’s wealthiest man.
- Marius Kloppers a South-African born CEO and dynamic leader of the world’s largest mining company BHP Billiton.
- Maria Ramos, the CEO of Absa Group which is South Africa’s second-largest financial services company by market capitalization. She is one of the continent’s most respected public administrators and business leaders.
- Jacko Maree is CEO of the Standard Bank Group, Africa’s largest financial services conglomerate, which has operations in 33 different countries including South Africa, Nigeria, Turkey, Russia, Argentina, and Jersey.
- Sifiso Dabengwa is the Group President and CEO of the MTN Group Ltd. He is an inspirational leader for the staff of Africa’s largest telecommunications company.
Olatorera Consultancy Limited provides business development services to companies looking to grow, enter or do business in Africa.