Popular former footballer, George Weah, became president of Liberia in 2017 under the Congress for Democratic Change (CDC) Party which he founded in 2003. Although touted as a candidate without qualification, as compared to popular Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Weah was determined and passionate about leading his people. He persevered till he won the elections to be president of Liberia in 2017. George Weah was officially sworn in as President of war-torn Liberia in January 2018. Citizens of Liberia and the world at large expect a mountainous lot from Mr. President.
- George Weah has a unique ‘from grass to glory’ story. He was born in 1966 in the slums of Liberia. He navigated his way through primary school, dropped out of high school and played football for several international clubs including Chelsea, one of the world’s most notable leagues. George Weah eventually emerged as president of Liberia in 2017 at the age of 52.
- He has a strong passion for his country, Liberia. Following his retirement from International football in 2003, he relocated back to Liberia and ran for president in the 2005 elections. Although he lost to first female president of Liberia, Ellen Sirleaf, his passion for his country never diminished. George Weah stayed the course, ran again, unsuccessfully in 2011 but eventually won successfully in 2017.
- He is an inspiring musician – In 2014, he produced a song to create awareness against the deadly virus Ebola that stole thousands of lives from Africa.
- He is a family man, married to Clar Weah, he has 3 children – George, Timothy and Tita Weah. George Weah Jr. and Timothy Weah are steadily climbing behind their father’s footsteps.
- He embodies perseverance and determination. He retired from football in 2003 at the age of 37 but didn’t attain his next goal till 2017 at the age of 52. over 12 years of planning, campaigning and dreaming till he eventually became president of Liberia and entered the Executive Mansion. Congratulations, George Weah!
- He was a Notable Footballer, one of Africa’s most popular players of all time. As of 2018, he remains the only African to have won FIFA World player of the year.
The Olatorera Consultancy brand has grown from an ambitious solo-preneur to a team of over 15 people highly assertive on providing the seal and stamp of “Africa’s Best” to great businesses in Africa and beyond. Chief Executive Consultant, Olatorera Oniru is very passionate about seeing businesses succeed and operate optimally. She is also notably passionate about witnessing Africa transformed into one of the world’s greatest continents. Olatorera Consultancy has an annual outline of businesses we work with. We currently do not accept unsolicited applications. To network with the team at Olatorera Consultancy Limited, please add your company to the reviews page here. An Olatorera Consultancy company representative may be in touch with you shortly after reviewing your company’s readiness for business consultation services.