Citizens who know, know that Nigeria’s elections are majorly not free and fair. The crimes that go on behind the scenes are heavily insane and many times, unforgiveable. Over 18 Nigerians lost their lives during the 2019 presidential and national assembly elections. Additionally, over 100 Nigerians were critically injured and hospitalized. In Maiduguri state alone, war broke out the morning of the elections. In Lagos state, a young man was brutally stoned to death in broad daylight. The elections are considered “win or die” for many candidates. The rich contestants use the desperate poor to die for their win.
The Top 5 Election Riggers In Nigeria
In deep review of all the occurrences during the 2019 presidential and national assembly elections across the nation, this post will be logically explicit. Which Nigerian political leaders caused the most illegal or unethical harm to the nation during the cause of campaigning towards their ‘win or die’ ambitions on February 23rd, 2019? The below list is on open opinion based on numerous evidences provided and not to be used for any legal declarations or political revenge. This list starts with a political godfather and ends with another political godfather but there are hundreds of other officials within both the APC and PDP parties that are deeply involved in election malpractices across Nigeria.
- Bola Ahmed Tinubu – He was said to have 2 bullion vans of cash at his house on the day of the elections. Several poverty stricken citizens were vote-bribed with cash.
- Godswill Akpabio – Said to have bribed several citizens through the course of campaigning for Atiku Abubakar. He at some point in time blatantly promised Atiku Abubakar 2 million votes.
- Adams Oshiomhole – he works very closely with Bola Ahmed Tinubu and currently serves as the Chairman of the APC party. The grand scheme of ‘win or die’ for APC, circulates around him.
- Nyesom Wike – Rivers State politics is one of the most corrupt in the entire nation. Wike was accused of trying to bribe Nigeria’s military chief, Tukur Yusuf Buratai, during the 2019 elections.
- Olusegun Obasanjo – Very deeply rooted in several corrupt installments of political candidates before and after he served as President of Nigeria. A known godfather of political malpractices. He is/was a godfather to many including James Ibori, Gbenga Daniel and Bukola Saraki.
Push Your Dreams Ethically!
Want to push your dreams in today’s technology-driven, constantly-changing world? You must read Olatorera Oniru’s bestselling digital e-book titled Push Your Dreams available now on Olatorera.com and on Amazon.com.
The Olatorera Consultancy brand has grown from an ambitious solo-preneur to a team of highly assertive “Africanists” focused on providing the seal and stamp of “Africa’s Best” to great businesses in Africa and beyond. Olatorera Consultancy has an annual outline of businesses we work with. We currently do not accept unsolicited applications. To network with the team at Olatorera Consultancy Limited, please add your company to the reviews page here. An Olatorera Consultancy company representative may be in touch with you shortly after reviewing your company’s readiness for business consultation services.