Africa is a beautiful continent filled with wonderful cities which are built on history, culture, art and a lot more great things to see. The continent as a whole is filled with so much rich history which is the foundation on which it stands and the culture which still continues to thrive from generation to generation. For a moment, let us forget about the stories and news we hear on the economic and political instability of some African countries and focus on the more amazing qualities that Africa has to offer. Here is a list of top 5 most entertaining and friendly African countries every tourist should tick off their bucket list:
- CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA: It is one of the most beautiful cities in South Africa and is home to the well-known Blaauwberg Beach and Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens. The beautiful and amazing Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve provides wildlife encounters, sweeping sea vistas and hiking trails for hikers. Robben Island, which is the prison where Nelson Mandela was held for 27 years before he was released to become the South African President, is also located in the city and a major tourist attraction.
- MARRAKECH, MOROCCO: The imperial city is the second largest city in Morocco located at the foot of the ice-covered Atlas mountains. The great qualities of the city are its enchanting and rich history and is regarded as one of the most culturally rich places in Morocco. Numerous archaeological stone implements have been unearthed in the area for and it possesses many must-visit places like the Majorelle gardens or the gardens around the Saadian Tombs and the local farmers’ or flea market.
- DJENNE TOWN, MALI: It is one of the oldest cities in Mali established at around 800BC, with interesting places full of mud-brick homes decorated with paint. It was a major market hub and the location of the largest mud house in the world called The Grande Mosque. Made from mud with wood sticking out of the walls, it is a magnificent sight. The Grand Marche is a Monday market and is one of West Africa’s most colourful markets with thousands coming from all over the region to sell their goods.
- ABUJA, NIGERIA: The Nigerian capital, was built in the 80’s before replacing Lagos as the capital city of the most populous black nation in the world by the administration of General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida (IBB) in 1991. The urban and calm city is one of the richest and most expensive in Africa and filled with beautiful estates, parks, hotels and amazing restaurants.
- CAIRO, EGYPT: It is kown as the home of civilization, Egypt’s capital. It the largest city in the Middle-East and second-largest in Africa after Lagos. The city was named the “world’s most 24-hour city” in 2011 ahead of New York and Paris.
Olatorera Consultancy Limited provides business development services to high net-worth individuals and companies looking to grow, enter or do business in Africa. Olatorera Consultancy Limited is headquartered in Oniru Royal Estate, Lagos, Nigeria