In less than a month of being illegally installed as king of Oniru, Gbolahan Lawal has rained thugs across the once peaceful and very progressive district. Did Tinubu impose Lawal to covet assets from lawful citizens in Oniru? Lawal instructed thugs to seal up properties and land legally owned by citizens. Driving around Oniru, many can see Gbolahan Lawal’s signs on gates of private properties in an attempt to take over illegally. Lawal unfortunately does not seem to care about the reputation and development of Oniru neither does he seem to respect the laws of Nigeria. He seems to be solely focused on illegally getting rich from the hard-work of ethical citizens.
In times past, such acts unfortunately occurred in other kingdoms and cities across Nigeria and the perpetrators got away with it. Oniru estate must not let such illegalities happen. This must be a starting point to making sure leaders across the nation (including imposed and uneducated leaders) always do what’s right and progressive; and avoid anything regressive. Everything Lawal and his installers have done so far in Oniru, is regressive.
Any criminality will put the reputation, developments and great legacy of great Oniru at unfortunate risk of derailment. Situations similar to what is happening in Oniru are major causes of Nigeria’s underdevelopment. Please do not shred the hard work, sweat and toil of Late Oba Oniru and associates.
As Maestromedia blog said “The late Oba Idowu Abiodun Oniru (who reigned until 2019 before lawal was installed in 2020) is reputed to have helped bring a lot of development to his domain as it is today from just a swamp, which is now rated in Lagos to be prime (valued) expanse of land.”
What Lawal and Similar Leaders Can Do To Generate Wealth:
- First and most important, let peace reign. Don’t covet what’s not yours. Don’t use police men that should be protecting citizens to attack citizens. Don’t turn good people into thugs. Do what’s right.
- You cannot undo the sales or decisions of the last king. It’s not done anywhere in the world and would not be accepted here. Respect the great kingdom you were forcefully imposed into. Respect all citizens. Forge forward, not backwards.
To Generate Wealth:
- Establish and build legitimate businesses. Government titles are not to financially enrich you or your allies. Government positions are servitude-based and should be carried out with humility and goodwill. People’s properties are not to be illegally coveted. We condemn illegalities, we condemn armed robbery.
- Negotiate through the proper legal system, estate taxes of no more than 5%. This must be well structured and properly effected and only for businesses that are top 5% of the thriving industries in Oniru. Nigeria is already difficult economically, don’t toughen life for hardworking citizens while you lounge in a palace built by hardworking citizens. Also note that genuine leaders don’t embellish taxes. Taxes must be invested into developing Oniru further. Since you accepted to be king, roads have gotten worse, the estate has had no visible upliftment.
- Invest wealth that you acquired over the years as commissioner or from other dealings. Invest into stocks, bonds, schools, financial services. This is the most progressive way to enrich yourself while making Oniru and Nigeria better. Read: How To Make Purpose-Driven Investments.
- Take on a part-time job or quit royalty and get a full-time job. Many corporations in Oniru are hiring. Income should always be generated the right way through accountable work. Let’s always seek to do what’s right as leaders in a great country like Nigeria.
In July 2020, Oniru Residents started a petition to President Muhammadu Buhari and The International Criminal Court, against the illegalities and extensive crimes of Gbolahan Lawal. Within lest than a week, the petition had over 750 signatures. In support of progress in Oniru and Nigeria, read, sign and share the petition on Change.org.
Push Your Dreams
“Push Your Dreams” is an Electronic Non-Fiction Book of inspiring and powerful educational extracts authored by Olatorera Oniru. “Push Your Dreams” has 365 pages filled with powerful sparks to help you grow fast into an influential master of business and life. Available now on Olatorera.com and on Amazon.com.
About Olatorera Consultancy (OC):
Olatorera Consultancy is a modernistic venture combining deeply-rooted knowledge on Africa’s culture and challenges plus close relationships with topmost leaders to promote development. We provide consultancy, business development and advisory services to notable companies and high net-worth individuals.