If you rush to handshake, you do so at risk of your reputation. You do so without regard for the traditional structures and legal systems existing in a great country like Nigeria. On June 2nd, Gbolahan Lawal, Former Commissioner of Agriculture for Lagos State, was awarded a letter of recognition by Governor Sanwoolu as the new Oba of Oniru Royal Palace, Lagos, Nigeria. This move shocked the entire nation and was paramount of initiating a civil war.
Reasons Why Gbolahan Lawal Is Not Recognized As The New Oba Oniru
- There were pending court cases in Lagos Judiciary regarding the vacant throne
- There are still pending court cases in Lagos State regarding the throne.
- Kingmakers were not involved in the selection process as tradition necessitates. Lawal was dictatorially imposed.
- Traditionally, it is not the role of any governor or governor’s godfather to solely select and install a king (Read: An Open Letter To Bola Tinubu By Femi Fani Kayode)
- Lawal did not follow customary rights
- Lawal has minimal experience and royal lineage to successfully serve citizens in such an important position
- Leaders and kingmakers of Oniru family and across the nation have rejected the illegal installment of Gbolahan Lawal
- Despite not yet recognized as the king through mandatory traditional rites, Lawal has hastily rained thugs across Oniru in an obvious greedy quest for self-benefiting financial gains. Were you imposed to serve or to enrich your bank accounts?
Push Your Dreams
“Push Your Dreams” is an Electronic Non-Fiction Book of inspiring and powerful educational extracts authored by Olatorera Oniru. “Push Your Dreams” has 365 pages filled with powerful sparks to help you grow fast into an influential master of business and life. Available now on Olatorera.com and on Amazon.com.
About Olatorera Consultancy (OC):
Olatorera Consultancy is a modernistic venture combining deeply-rooted knowledge on Africa’s culture and challenges plus close relationships with topmost leaders to promote development. We provide consultancy, business development and advisory services to notable companies and high net-worth individuals.