From Dino Melaye to Ayo Fayose, 2019 nationwide elections in Nigeria are steadily underway with primaries concluded in many states. Majority of the nation’s population want change. Majority want stronger, more ethical leaders. Majority want corruption significantly minimized and poverty significantly alleviated. What will the economy and Nigeria’s political climate look like after 2019? The following bullet points summarize the latest political updates that will determine the future of Nigeria post-2019:
- Atiku Abubakar won the PDP Presidential Primary ticket. Umm.
- Muhammadu Buhari is holding on to the APC Presidential Primary Ticket. Umm.
- Tonye Cole won the PDP Presidential Primary ticket for Rivers State. Umm.
- Ibikunle Amosun Governor of Ogun State won the APC Senatorial Ticket. Hmmm! (Read: The Fall Of Amosun?)
- Dino Melaye won PDP Senatorial Primary ticket for Kogi state. Haaaa! (Read: Scandals Of Dino Melaye)
- Femi Otedola is no longer in the race for Lagos State Governorship. Pheww. (Read: Top 2 Reasons Otedola Is Moving To Politics)
- Shehu Sani loses his Kaduna Senatorial Seat and resigns from APC. Hmm. (Read: Who Is Shehu Sani?)
- Olusegun Obasanjo publicly pledged his support for Atiku Abubakar. Hmm. (Read: Obasanjo & Atiku Meeting Recap)
- Babajide Sanwoolu won the APC Governorship Primaries for Lagos State. Umm. (Read: Who Is Sanwoolu?)
- Ayo Fayose is no longer Governor of Ekiti State and now under EFCC’s hold. Pheww. (Read: Fayose, EFCC and Oyin Adeyemi)
- Hope Uzodinma won the PDP Governorship ticket for Imo State. Haaa! (Read: Who Is Hope Uzodinma?)
It’s one thing to win primaries. It is another to be the best possible candidate to lead Nigeria forward. It is not too late for all Nigerians to stay focused on electing ONLY the best, accomplished, qualified, charismatic, well-representative candidates to lead the country forward. No personal interests, only the very best for the nation. What will May 2019 put forth?
Want to push your dreams in great-people, good-nation, poverty-ridden, corruption-stricken, high-potential country of Nigeria? You must read Olatorera Oniru’s 2018 e-book titled Push Your Dreams available now on Olatorera.com and on Amazon.com.